CPN has participated in dozens of conversations with employers and health care purchasing organizations about core challenges in cancer care and how we can work together to transform it.
Employers want comprehensive solutions that balance not only their employees’ experience and quality-of-life in dealing with cancer, but also fundamental issues, such as the cost of treatment and employee productivity.
When faced with a complex diagnosis like cancer, employers want to ensure their employees are receive the highest-quality and most affordable cancer care where and when they want, in a personal and caring environment. A cancer diagnosis can be devastating, and it is critical that the experience be as positive for employees as possible. That’s why COA created CPN.
CPN will offer the expertise of its national network of community oncology practices in providing information, resources, and educational materials for employers and employees on cancer treatment and public policy. Topics will include:
- Optimizing cancer screening and prevention
- Finding an oncologist: what to look for and what questions to ask
- Understanding biosimilars and maximizing their use
- Navigating molecular diagnostic testing
- Understanding immunotherapy and “precision medicine”
- Enhancing the cancer survivorship journey
- Navigating the opaque PBM rebate trap
- Understanding how abuse of the 340B drug discount program harms employers and their employees
Contact us to learn more about the value an CPN membership can bring to your organization and the employees you serve.